New phase of the Innerbelt Bridge Project will close Ontario Street
Jackie Zabielski, newsnet5.com
12:51 PM, Mar 11, 2013
4:18 PM, Mar 11, 2013
CLEVELAND - A new phase of the Innerbelt Bridge Project could cause traffic headaches throughout downtown Cleveland starting Monday night.
Beginning at 8 p.m., Ontario will be closed from Carnegie to East 9th Street while crews carry in steel beams. About six trucks a day will be delivering the massive pieces of metal to the site. It will also cause reduced lanes on Ontario during the day.
ODOT plans on being flexible with the construction schedule, adjusting the times of night construction for major events.
Here is how the project will affect you:
- Expect daily lane restrictions along inbound Ontario, causing heavy daytime traffic congestion.
- Ontario will be closed Mon-Thurs nights beginning at 8.
Detour for Ontario Street closure:
Inbound drivers take E. 14th to E. 18th to Carnegie to Ontario
Outbound drivers - take Carnegie to East 9th -- to get on I-90
- I-90 eastbound exit ramp to Ontario closed:
Use I-90 eastbound to East 9th Street to Huron to Ontario. This restriction is in place around the clock.
- Ontario street entrance ramp to I-77 southbound will be closed:
Detour via East 9th Street to I-77 southbound
- Eastbound Carnegie Ave traffic won't be allowed to turn right onto Ontario: