CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians have announced that their opening home game for the 2014 season will be April 4, 2014 against the Minnesota Twins.
The game is scheduled for 3:05 p.m. at Progressive Field.
The team will open the season on the road March 31 with a three-game seires against the Oakland A's. After one day off, the team will return to Cleveland for two three-game series against the Twins and the San Diego Padres.
The Indians will also play Cincinnati, Colorado and Arizona at home. Season tickets are on sale now and single-game tickets go on sale in March.
Other 2014 schedule highlights include:
- The Indians will play at Progressive Field on six weekends from June-August: vs. Detroit (June 20-22), Kansas City (July 4-6), Chicago White Sox (July 11-13), Texas (August 1-3), Baltimore (August 15-17) and Houston (August 22-24).
- Monthly home/road breakdown:
- March/April (13 home/16 road)
- May (15 home/13 road)
- June (12 home/16 road)
- July (13 home/12 road)
- August (13 home/14 road)
- September (15 home/10 road)
- The Tribe’s longest homestand is July 4-13 (vs. Kansas City, New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox)
- The team has three 10-game road trips:
- June 6-15 (at Texas, Kansas City and Boston)
- July 18-27 (at Detroit, Minnesota and Kansas City)
- September 12-21 (at Detroit, Houston and Minnesota)