CLEVELAND - It may be too late to make plans to make a run for office in the 2014 Ohio gubernatorial race. But it’s not too late to make a run for governor of ‘BROHIO’ with the Cleveland Indians.
The Indians announced on Monday that the team is looking for a full-time governor of ‘Brohio’- a Nick Swisher inspired section of Progressive Field (Section 117), made popular on social media throughout the Tribe’s postseason push.
In order to ‘run’ for office, fans should submit videos to Indians.com/Brohio explaining why fans should choose them as governor. Three finalists will be chosen during Tribe Fest on Jan. 25 and will be given the opportunity to ‘campaign’ while being questioned by Indians personalities, including Swisher himself.
The three finalists will then be placed into a fan vote on Indians.com, counting for 50 percent of the total vote. The other half of the total vote will be cast by Swisher.
The winner of the contest will receive an ultimate Tribe fan prize: A ticket to each Friday and Saturday home game at Progressive Field this season, in Brohio, Section 117.
The winner also must:
1. Proactively engage and interact with bros in Brohio and throughout the ballpark
2. Have full knowledge of all Brohio happenings; stay in contact with Indians representatives
3. Lead Brohio cheers, encourage fans to rock their Brohio tee, create unique Brohio signage, etc.
4. Project a positive, Swishalicious attitude at all times
5. Additional related duties as determined by Brohio team
For complete information and contest rules, visit Indians.com/Brohio. The contest is open through Wed. Jan. 15 at 8 p.m. ET.