CLEVELAND - As the Cleveland Indians prepare for their 112th Opening Day, the organization has been hard at work in the off season preparing new initiatives and fan friendly policies for the upcoming season.
On Wednesday, the Indians unveiled "What's New at Progressive Field" for local media introducing their new programs, incentives and—of course, new food! Many of these new initiatives were brought about by fan feedback from previous years.
Here are some of the highlights for what fans can expect from the Indians and Progressive Field in 2012:
• Concession Food:
- Chef's Corner: "Billy's BBQ" (Section 171): Dry-Rubbed Smoked Beer Can Chicken served with Chuck Wagon Three Bean Bake and Creamy Coleslaw
- Food Network Hot Dog & Sausage bar (Section 157): ¼ pound hot dog on a potato roll, served with Food Network's Favorite hot dog toppings (including: pulled pork, coleslaw, sauerkraut, smoky baked beans, Fritos, shredded cheddar, friend onions, smoky sweet jalapeno relish, bacon chunks, griddles onions and peppers).
- Veggie, Vegan and Gluten Free (Sections 163 & 542): Veggie Dogs, Tofurkey Italian Sausages, Black Bean Burgers (on gluten free buns), Gluten Free Cookies and Riceworks Chips.
- Sliders (Section 184): Hot smoked mini pulled pork sandwiches dressed with Zesty BBQ Sauce, Cleveland Bomber Sliders with shaved beef sautéed with aged provolone cheese served on bakery fresh mini buns with sassy giardiniera pepper spread.
o Food Network Buffalo Chicken Macaroni & Cheese (Suites, Club Lounge, Terrace Club Pub & Sections 121,154,163 and 550): Macaroni & Cheese tossed with spicy buffalo chicken topped with blue cheese breadcrumbs and baked until crispy.
• Fan-Friendly ballpark policies:
- Re-entry policy: Fans who need to exit and re-enter Progressive Field will now be able to do so through a dedicated gate at Gate A. Tickets will be scanned upon exit and fans will be able to re-enter through a security checkpoint.
- Bottle water policy: Fans will now be allowed to bring in a single, factory-sealed bottle of water (20 oz. or less).
• Kids Clubhouse and Lounge: These new kid-friendly locations are designed so that guardians will still have great views of the field and not miss any of the action while their little ones are at play.
- The Rookie Suite: a special designated area for kids ages 6 and under.
- Slugger's Sandlot: designated area for grade-school aged children to have fun.
- Indians Kids Clubhouse: scheduled to open on May 6—will be open all game long for every Indians home game after May 6.
• The Club Lounge: The Club Lounge is an all-inclusive food and beverage location.
- Price reduction: Indians Club Lounge seats have been reduced for as low as $65 per ticket.
- Renovations: Monitors at entrances featuring menu items of the day, tributes to Indians legends Larry Doby and Bob Feller.
- Amenities: flat screen televisions, plush seating and food from Progressive Field chefs.
• Special Events:
- Fireworks: 14 fireworks shows on select weekends, including two Rock N' Blast shows.
- Rally Alley: A family-friendly urban summer street festival with discounted food and drinks outside the ballpark.
- Concerts: Three concerts will be held this season including Faith Day with Brandon Heath on May 19.
- Dollar dogs: Nine games will feature $1 Sugardale hotdogs at select stands and vendors throughout the ballpark.
- School ID nights: 20 discounted Student ID nights for High School and College students.
- Puppypalooza: 2 dates for fans to bring their dogs to a game.
- International Days: The Tribe will celebrate fans from around the world.
- Bobble-heads: This year's bobblehead giveaways will feature likenesses of Asdrubal Cabrera, Joe Carter, Carlos Baerga, Sandy Alomar Jr. and Gaylord Perry. (First 15,000 fans)
- Replica Jerseys: Replica jerseys of Chris Perez, Justin Masterson, Carlos Santana and Charles Nagy (First 15,000 fans)
- Digital Ticket Delivery: The new "Paperless Fan Pass" will enable fans to go to any gate, present the credit card used for purchase and gain fast entry into the ballpark. (Fans using this method will automatically receive at half-price ticket to a select game and will be entered into a drawing to win a suite with complimentary food for a future game).
- Perfect 10 Flex Packs: Fans can use 10 tickets to attend any 2012 Tribe game however they choose (prices range from $99 (Bleachers/Upper Box) to $649 (Club Seats)).
- Bleacher Seats: Time Warner Cable Bleacher Seats will be $10.
- KeyBank Grand Slam Four Packs: For $96, fans receive 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs or slices of pizza, 4 Pepsi products, 4 Indians Caps and 1 parking pass.
- Indians Diamond Deals: Held each Monday throughout the season—will provide fans with discounted tickets, discounted concessions, special events and select all-inclusive packages.
For more information on new Indians initiatives and fan experience opportunities for 2012 visit: Indians.com .