The Powerball jackpot is climbing again, and fast. In just a few short weeks, the jackpot has ballooned to $360 million, making it the third largest Powerball jackpot and the seventh largest jackpot ever. Here's a look at the top 10 world record lottery jackpots.
1. $656.0 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (3 tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
2. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (2 tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
3. Estimated $475 million, Powerball, (drawing scheduled for Saturday, May 18; jackpot could grow)
4. $390.0 million, Mega Millions, March 6, 2007 (2 tickets from Georgia and New Jersey)
5. $380.0 million, Mega Millions, Jan. 4, 2011 (2 tickets from Idaho and Washington)
6. $365.0 million, Powerball, Feb. 18, 2006 (1 ticket from Nebraska)
7. $363.0 million, The Big Game, May 9, 2000 (2 tickets from Illinois and Michigan)
8. $340.0 million, Powerball, Oct. 19, 2005 (1 ticket from Oregon)
9. $338.3 million, Powerball, March 23, 2013 (1 ticket from New Jersey)
10. $337.0 million, Powerball, Aug. 15, 2012 (1 ticket from Michigan)
Powerball players will have a shot at the nation's eighth-largest lottery jackpot this weekend.
The winner of this weekend's $429.6 million Powerball jackpot has yet to come forward.
Only one ticket matched all six numbers in Saturday night's drawing.
The Powerball jackpot is creeping higher again.
The Powerball lottery game approved, then abandoned, changes that would have given ticket buyers better odds.
A couple from Tennessee went on the Today Show to say they have one of the three winning Powerball jackpot tickets.
The total jackpot set a U.S. record of $1.5 billion. Here are the winning numbers from Wednesday’s jackpot: