A 75-year-old New York woman found her fortune in a cookie.
The Powerball jackpot is climbing again, and fast. In just a few short weeks, the jackpot has ballooned to $360 million, making it the third largest Powerball jackpot and the seventh largest jackpot ever. Here's a look at the top 10 world record lottery jackpots.
1. $656.0 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (3 tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
2. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (2 tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
3. Estimated $475 million, Powerball, (drawing scheduled for Saturday, May 18; jackpot could grow)
4. $390.0 million, Mega Millions, March 6, 2007 (2 tickets from Georgia and New Jersey)
5. $380.0 million, Mega Millions, Jan. 4, 2011 (2 tickets from Idaho and Washington)
6. $365.0 million, Powerball, Feb. 18, 2006 (1 ticket from Nebraska)
7. $363.0 million, The Big Game, May 9, 2000 (2 tickets from Illinois and Michigan)
8. $340.0 million, Powerball, Oct. 19, 2005 (1 ticket from Oregon)
9. $338.3 million, Powerball, March 23, 2013 (1 ticket from New Jersey)
10. $337.0 million, Powerball, Aug. 15, 2012 (1 ticket from Michigan)
He stopped to get gas at the Murphy Express the day of the drawing last Wednesday and his wife told him to buy some hot dog buns.
Lottery officials have announced on the Powerball website that no ticket has matched all Saturday's numbers drawn for that game's giant jackpot, which now swells to an estimated $400 million or a $223.6 million cash-option value.
Lottery officials say the owner of a million-dollar Powerball ticket sold in western Ohio is running out of time to claim the prize.
Two New Jersey officials say 16 workers from a county garage in Toms River have one of the three winning tickets in the $448 million Powerball jackpot.
A Minnesota man claimed his third of a $448 million Powerball jackpot on Thursday, wasting no time before revealing his good fortune to the world and saying he had "been waiting for this day my entire life."
With Wednesday's Powerball jackpot at an estimated $425 million, people pour into stores with past winners looking for lightning to strike twice.
When Gloria Mackenzie stepped in front of her in the Publix line on May 18, Mindy Crandell was busy tending to one of her two daughters.
An 84-year-old Florida woman who bought her Powerball ticket after another customer let her get ahead in line came forward Wednesday to claim the $590 million jackpot, becoming the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.