A Massachusetts state police photographer who leaked dramatic photos of the bloodied Boston Marathon bombing suspect during his capture has retired, just days after he was disciplined for his actions.
LONDON - British police are reviewing security plans for Sunday's London Marathon, the next major international marathon, because of the bombs that killed two people at the race in Boston. But there is no known specific or credible threat against the British race as of yet, a security official said.
The London Marathon is a hugely popular race. Last year, some 37,500 athletes competed, with many more watching the springtime event.
London has long been considered a top target for international terrorists, with the government saying the threat level is "substantial." In 2005, a series of suicide attacks on the public transport system in the British capital killed 52 people.
London and mainland Britain also face a moderate threat from Northern Ireland-related terrorism, according to the government.
Two bombs exploded near the finish of the Boston Marathon on Monday, killing two people, and injuring at least 22 others, race organizers and police said.
Chief Superintendent Julia Pendry, event commander for the London race, said Monday that "a security plan is in place for the London Marathon. We will be reviewing security arrangements in partnership with (the) London Marathon."
A police spokesman who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to go on the record said the security presence may be increased.
A security official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the matter, said there are no credible or specific threats against the London Marathon.
The London race's chief executive, Nick Bitel, said marathon officials contacted the police to discuss security plans "as soon as we heard the news" about Boston. He expressed shock and sadness about the situation in Boston, saying "it is a very sad day for athletics and for our friends in marathon running."
Click here for a complete list of marathon races through June: http:// www.marathonguide.com /races/races.cfm
More on Boston Tragedy
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's lawyers may try to save him from the death penalty in the Boston Marathon bombing by arguing he fell under the murderous influence of his older brother, legal experts say.
A Massachusetts court issued an arrest warrant Monday for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as prosecutors sought to preserve their right to try him on state charges in the killing of a police officer for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
A police photographer, furious with a Rolling Stone cover photo he believes glamorizes the surviving Boston Marathon suspect, released gritty images Thursday from the day he was captured.
CVS announced Wednesday it will not sell the current issue of Rolling Stone magazine, which features Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the August edition's cover.
The young man accused in the Boston Marathon bombings will be featured on the cover of the August 3 edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
His arm in a cast and his face swollen, a blase-looking Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty Wednesday in the Boston Marathon bombing.
What Dzhokhar Tsarnaev needed to learn to make explosives with a pressure cooker was at his fingertips in jihadist files on the Internet, according to a federal indictment.
Two Massachusetts residents have sued the New York Post, saying the newspaper falsely portrayed them as suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick says he went to his rural home the day after the surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect was captured and got "quite drunk" alone at a restaurant.