CLEVELAND - With Hurricane Sandy fast approaching landfall, Northeast Ohio is expecting excessive winds and rain.
Here are some tips to to keep safe during a storm.
1. Pack your freezer with bags of water. That will keep your food colder, longer.
2. Make sure you have flashlights and plenty of batteries.
3. Stock up on plenty of water and non-perishable food items.
4. Charge your cellphones.
5. Fuel up your car.
6. If driving, avoid wet leaves on the road. They reduce traction and can make driving dangerous.
7. Trim trees and shrubs around your home.
8. Visit an ATM in case they close down in a power outage.
9. Make an emergency plan for your family.
10. Download our news newsnet5 and Storm Shield apps to keep informed and track the superstorm.