The popular tablet computer may contain nickel, one of the most common allergy-inducing metals.
A woman was killed while using her iPhone last week and now Apple is investigating the incident.
ABC News, citing a report from a Chinese news outlet, says 23-year-old Ma Ailun was electrocuted when she picked up the iPhone 5 to answer a call while the battery was charging.
Apple's Beijing-based spokesperson told ABC News the company was "deeply saddened" and will fully cooperate in the matter.
Is there cause for concern while using your iPhone?
Professional engineer Donald Johnson said many factors could have been involved and you shouldn't be worried, as low-voltage items like phone chargers don't usually pose a risk.
China is Apple's second largest market following the U.S.
More Apple Stories
John Matarese has a preview of Apple's upcoming new iPhone
The new Disney Movies Anywhere app lets Apple users buy and watch Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies from anywhere.
Flappy Birds disappears from app stores after creator tweets "I can't take it anymore."
John Matarese looks into all the glitches with recent product updates in Don't Waste Your Money.
Apple unveiled a new, thinner, lighter tablet called the "iPad Air" along with a slew of new Macs ahead of the holiday shopping season as it faces growing competition from rival gadget makers.
Apple is expected to round out its line-up of gadgets for the holiday shopping season with the Tuesday unveiling of its latest iPads.
You've probably heard of "apple picking" and we don't mean the fruit on the trees.
The latest software update for iPhones and iPads is nauseating for some users
A German hacking group is claiming that it can get around the fingerprint-based system Apple uses to help lock its new iPhone 5S.