DETROIT - Detroit Police say the missing 12-year-old boy, Charlie Bothuell, has been found alive in the basement of his father's house.
Charlie was last seen on June 14 at his dad's house in the 1300 block of Nicolet Place.
Chief James Craig says he can't say definitively that Charlie had been in the basement the entire time, since they had previously done searches of the home.
We're told Charlie was found crouching behind a make-shift barricade. Craig said Charlie is now receiving medial treatment.
"I've never seen anything quite like this," said Craig.
The boy's father was in the middle of an interview on the Headline News show Nancy Grace when the news broke, and the tabloid TV host told the man of the development.
In the clip, he said that he and police searched the basement, and that his cell phone was dead.
After Charlie's disappearance, polygraph tests were administered to Charlie Bothuell's father and came back inconclusive. The child's stepmother declined to take the polygraph test.
She tells 7 Action News her attorney told her to decline the lie detector test because she did not think she would be treated fairly.
During the search for Charlie, the father and stepmother both said they felt like they were being treated like suspects.
Family had originally offered a $1000 reward for his safe return.