A Massachusetts state police photographer who leaked dramatic photos of the bloodied Boston Marathon bombing suspect during his capture has retired, just days after he was disciplined for his actions.
BOSTON - The trauma surgery chief at Boston Medical Center says a 5-year-old is among the 19 patients still being treated there for injuries received during the marathon bombings and that all are expected to survive.
Dr. Peter Burke said Wednesday morning that the hospital treated 23 people following the blasts. He said two patients, including the 5-year-old, remain critical, but that all patients are making progress.
"We have a lot of lower extremity injuries, so I think the damage was low to the ground and wasn't up," he said. "The patients who do have head injuries were blown into things or were hit by fragments that went up."
Dozens of patients have been released from hospitals around the Boston area.
Massachusetts General Hospital spokeswoman Katie Marquedant said all but 11 of the 31 people sent there have been released. Four are still in critical condition.
Brigham and Women's Hospital still has 12 of its original 35 patients, and reported that four are in critical condition. A spokesman there could not say how many patients had been released and how many had been transferred to other facilities.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center still has 13 of the 24 people originally sent there. Boston Children's Hospital has released seven of its original 10 patient. The three remaining are all children. A 2-year-old boy with a head injury is in good condition; a 10-year-old boy with multiple leg injuries is in critical condition and a 9-year-old girl with a leg injury also is in critical condition.
Tufts Medical Center has released half of its 14 bombing patients.
There were 27 patients who were treated and released from St. Elizabeth's, Carney Hospital, and Norwood Hospital.
More on Boston Tragedy
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's lawyers may try to save him from the death penalty in the Boston Marathon bombing by arguing he fell under the murderous influence of his older brother, legal experts say.
A Massachusetts court issued an arrest warrant Monday for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as prosecutors sought to preserve their right to try him on state charges in the killing of a police officer for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
A police photographer, furious with a Rolling Stone cover photo he believes glamorizes the surviving Boston Marathon suspect, released gritty images Thursday from the day he was captured.
CVS announced Wednesday it will not sell the current issue of Rolling Stone magazine, which features Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the August edition's cover.
The young man accused in the Boston Marathon bombings will be featured on the cover of the August 3 edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
His arm in a cast and his face swollen, a blase-looking Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty Wednesday in the Boston Marathon bombing.
What Dzhokhar Tsarnaev needed to learn to make explosives with a pressure cooker was at his fingertips in jihadist files on the Internet, according to a federal indictment.
Two Massachusetts residents have sued the New York Post, saying the newspaper falsely portrayed them as suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick says he went to his rural home the day after the surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect was captured and got "quite drunk" alone at a restaurant.