Barberton infant burned at All About Kids day care center

BARBERTON, Ohio - Barberton Police are investigating an incident at a day care center where a child was burned.

The incident happened at All About Kids on January 6.

According to the police report, the 1-year-old girl was in her seat eating a snack when a crock pot used to heat baby bottles fell from the counter on to the child.

The crock pot was stacked on top of a microwave when it somehow fell.

The day care worker unplugged the crock pot and called for help while stripping the child of her clothing.

The child was transported to Children’s Hospital for treatment.

According to the police report, the state mandates that the crock pot be in the room, on the food preparation counter and turned on.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments