AKRON, Ohio - Pam and Douglas Moore are animal lovers. They especially love their two cats. This past winter, a couple of stray cats wandered over to their house. After a little prodding, they got the cats to come up to the house and they started taking care of them.
One of the cats, who they affectionately called "Baby," had two kittens. They named them "Hemi" and "Tagger"
The mother and two kittens played and frolicked on their porch. This past Wednesday, "Baby" carried one of the kittens into the garage and Doug knew it was sick. It died that night. A day and a half later the other kitten died in the garage.
Then a day after that, a neighbor's Siamese cat also died in the garage. That's when the Moores became suspicious.
"I don't know if they were poisoned but to die like that--boom, boom, boom--something is fishy," said Douglas Moore.
Pam Moore agrees, "Today, they are fine, and by tonight, they are dead. One, I kind of understand. Two makes you question. Three, there is something wrong."
The Moores are trying to get hold of the authorities to find some answers. They also know that a few other cats that are around the neighborhood are also missing.
As for "Baby" Doug saw her this morning crawl underneath a window well and haven't seen her since.
Activists to lead U of Akron open carry walk
Gun-rights activists will walk across the University of Akron campus over the weekend in an effort to inform students and the general public…
Thousands in Akron for King James tournament
St. Vincent St. Mary High School is where LeBron James starred as a member of the basketball team. And this weekend his legacy is living on…
Three injured in Akron crash
Three people were injured in a two-car crash in the intersection of South Maple and West Cedar streets around 1:30 a.m. Friday.
Teen's death in Green pond treated as suspicious
An 18-year-old woman whose body was found in a pond in Green on Monday may have been swimming before her disappearance.
Vacant home burns overnight in Akron
Akron firefighters battled flames in a vacant Vincent Street home just after 3 a.m. Thursday.