MANSFIELD, Ohio - A third individual was indicted Tuesday in connection with the improper use of more than $200,000 in scholarship funding for student-athletes graduating in Mansfield.
A Richland County Grand Jury indicted 57-year-old Cheryl Patrick on the these eight charges:
- Engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity
- Complicity to aggravated theft
- Complicity to grand theft
- Complicity to attempted theft
- Complicity to money laundering
- Filing incomplete, false, and/or fraudulent returns, three counts
Patrick is the president of the Richland All Sports Booster Club.
The money from the scholarship fund was used to pay for costs associated with the club's bingo operation, according to Attorney General's Office.
In July, Kendal and William Clemons, trustees for the booster club, were also indicted on simialr charges.
The club itself was indicted on five charges.