Heater caused fire at Portage County animal sanctuary

RAVENNA, Ohio - A fire at a Ravenna animal sanctuary was caused by a heater, the Ravenna Fire Department reports.

The fire killed two goats, a rooster and a pot belly pig.

The director of the Happy Trails Farm Animal Sanctuary says the fire Friday night spread quickly through the facility's goat barn.

The fire chief said that it was not yet clear whether the heater overheated or if a blanket fell on top of it and caught fire.

Damage to the sanctuary, which rescues and rehabilitates animals, are estimated at $10,000 to $15,000.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments