STOW, Ohio - Sto-Kent Family Entertainment Center in Stow is shutdown indefinitely after dozens of people were evacuated from the bowling alley due to a carbon monoxide leak.
Of the nearly 90 evacuated, 27 of them, mostly seniors, were taken to area hospitals for treatment after getting a headache, becoming nauseous and vomiting. One person even fainted, officials said.
The Stow Fire Department got the call of a carbon monoxide leak at 11:40 a.m. Thursday.
A senior citizens bowling league was going on inside when the center was evacuated.
Investigators said the carbon monoxide levels inside the building were 10 times higher than they should have been.
It remains unclear when the Fishcreek Road bowling alley will reopen. Investigators are continuing to look at what caused the leak.