Overnight house fire claims life of Lorain man

LORAIN, Ohio - A man died at the hospital after being rescued from an overnight house fire in Lorain, according to fire officials.

Lorain firefighters responded to 418 Kentucky Avenue around 3:23 a.m. Sunday for a report of smoke coming from a duplex.

When crews arrived, heavy fire was seen coming from the kitchen in the rear of the structure, said firefighters.

Crews then made entry inside and searched the home to find the victim, Lonnie Mullett, 39, in a small room near the living room.

Firefighters pulled the 39-year-old victim from the home and performed CPR. Mullett was then transported to the hospital, where he later died.

Firefighters said food left cooking unattended on the stove appears to be the cause.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments