AMHERST, Ohio - Everyone safely escaped a fire that broke out at a Lorain County senior living complex, but one resident lost a dog in the blaze.
Fire officials said flames were reported early Sunday night at the Carriage House Apartments on Lincoln Street.
A viewer took the photo seen here that shows several units engulfed in flames with thick, black smoke pouring out of the windows.
The owner of the complex said the fire started in an end unit of the second floor and spread next door. Fire officials said a propane grill on a porch sparked the blaze.
All 16 residents safely escaped, the owner told NewsChannel5, but they will have to spend the night elsewhere. The owner hopes most residents will be able to come back on Monday to their apartments.
Carriage House Apartments is an independent living facility for seniors 55+ affiliated with Sprenger Health Care Systems.