4-year-old boy Nasire King, severely burned in Lorain house fire, dies at Cleveland hospital

LORAIN, Ohio - A 4-year-old boy who was trapped inside a house when it caught fire in Lorain has died from his wounds, according to MetroHealth Medical Center officials.

Nasire King, 4, was severely burned when the home he lived in on West 19th Street went up in smoke on March 23 around 1 a.m. 

King suffered second and third degree burns over 90 percent of his body.

Firefighters said the 4-year-old was sleeping under a blanket when a sibling set it on fire with a cigarette lighter.

A fundraiser has been set up by Old School Lorain Groove for Tuesday night at Skateworld in Lorain from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The group is asking for canned or boxed food donations even if you're not going to skate.

The family's home was deemed a total loss.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments