ELYRIA, Ohio - As part of an ongoing investigation in Lorain County, police announced Wednesday the arrests of 17 individuals in connection to the heroin trafficking organization of Wayne Norris.
Police executed the arrest warrants August 4-6.
The following individuals were arrested as a result of the investigation:
- Jordan Burke, 23, of Norwalk
- Christopher Alexander, 29, of Elyria
- Mickey Metheney, 30, of Elyria
- Garrett Padgett, 30, of North Ridgeville
- Gregory Smink, 29, of Elyria, in sheriff's custody on an unrelated charge
- Cody Yourich, 23, of Wellington
- Christopher Songer, 32, of Elyria, in sheriff's custody on an unrelated charge
- Lucas McMullen, 32, of LaGrange
- Larry Moore, 21, of of LaGrange, in sheriff's custody on an unrelated charge
- Kenedy Schultz, 22, of Elyria, turned self in at EPD
- Josh Truman, 30, of LaGrange, turned self in at EPD
- Cheryna Samples, 20, of Lorain
- Stacey Hollis, 25, of Barberton, turned self in at EPD
- Albert Hollis, 49, of Elyria
- Megan Foky, 19, of Elyria
- Joshua McDaniel, 30, of Elyria, turned self in at EPD
- Lawrence McDaniel, 30, of Elyria, *charged with misdemeanor drug charges
Police say the 17 individuals arrested purchased heroin from Norris or from a member of the Norris organization for personal use and/or supplied the drugs to others.
This is the second wave of arrests made in connection to the Norris organization.
Investigators expect more arrests and indictments to come in the near future.
Detectives from the Elyria Police Narcotics Unit, the Lorain Police Narcotics Unit, and the Lorain County Sheriff's Department Drug Task Force, along with BCI will continue to investigate the heroin issue in Lorain County.
This major crackdown has netted a total of 24 arrests.