PAINESVILLE - A Painesville high school was suspected of getting hit by lightning on Monday, but it turned out to be blower on a computer malfunctioning.
Students at Riverside High School heard a blast of thunder at about 12:20 p.m. and then saw smoke in the computer lab of the school’s business department, the school’s superintendent said.
School officials pulled the fire alarm and students were moved to the field house for about an hour.
Fire officials investigated and determined the smoke seems to have come from the univent blower motor.
All students returned to class at about 1:20.