A man on the job was hospitalized Thursday with severe burns after a propane explosion at a business in Mentor (Courtesy Burton Industries)
Courtesy: Burton Industries
MENTOR, Ohio - The man hospitalized with burns after a propane explosion at a Mentor business was released from the hospital Thursday night.
The accident happened around 8:45 a.m. Thursday in the 7800 block of Division Drive, as the man was delivering propane to Burton Industries Inc., according to Mentor firefighters.
Firefighters said the 62-year-old man was hauling propane on a tow motor, which is a piece of equipment used to tow heavy equipment, when a propane tank fell off of the vehicle onto the road.
Firefighters said the victim then ran over the propane tank, causing it to explode, injuring the driver.
The victim was rushed to the burn unit at MetroHealth Medical Center. Mentor police said the victim has been discharged from the hospital, as of Friday.
OSHA, Mentor Police and Mentor Fire are investigating the incident.