Hearing scheduled for accused Chardon High School shooter TJ Lane

CHARDON, Ohio - There will be another hearing on Wednesday for the teen accused of killing three students at Chardon High School last year.

TJ Lane will not be in the Geauga County Common Pleas courtroom for the attorney conference to discuss a start date for the trial. It will be held in the judge's chambers, the bailiff said.

Lane, 18, was charged with multiple counts of aggravated murder following the Feb. 27 shooting that killed three and injured three others. Prosecutors said the teen fired 10 shots in the school’s cafeteria.

The trial was slated to start Jan. 14, but was delayed because of new evidence. Lane’s defense attorney has already requested a change in venue twice because he said they will not be able to find an unbiased jury.

Lane, who was 17 at the time of the shooting, is not eligible for the death penalty and has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments