CHARDON, Ohio - A source close to the investigation has confirmed to NewsChannel5 the name of the suspected gunman in a Chardon High School shooting rampage.
The source told NewsChannel5’s Joe Pagonakis that TJ Lane is the person taken into custody after Monday morning’s shooting, and he is considered the one suspect in the case.
Scanner audio earlier in the day indicated that the suspect was 17 years old. Students at the scene said he is a junior.
One student was killed, four others injured after Lane allegedly opened fire in the school’s cafeteria.
Police said a teacher reportedly chased Lane out of the building, and he turned himself in to innocent bystanders a short time later.
FBI agents and Geauga County Sheriff’s deputies searched at least two homes following the shooting. Investigators said the homes belonged to relatives of the shooting suspect.
Keep checking newsnet5.com for more information.