Thousands of people packed into Cedar Point on Saturday to take advantage of the beautiful weather for the park's annual 'HalloWeekends' event. However, many did not expect it would take several hours to get out.
CLEVELAND - An amusement park expert has named Cedar Point's Halloweekends among the best Halloween attractions in the country.
Rollercoaster enthusiast and author Pete Trabucco released his 2012 top 15 list Friday.
Cedar Point's "Halloweekends" topped the list, and the other Ohio park to make the list was Kings Island's "Haunt."
Trabucco based his list on parks that contain haunted attractions that are fun for both kids and adults.
Here's the full list:
· Cedar Point "Halloweekends"
· Kennywood "Phantom Fright Nights" Kennywood (Pittsburgh, PA)
· Knoebels "Hallo-Fun Nights" (Elysburg, PA)
· Kings Island "Haunt" (Cincinnati, Ohio
· Six Flags Fright Fest (Jackson NJ /NYC area)
· Hershey Park in the Dark, (Hershey, PA)
· Knotts Berry Farm "Haunt" (Buena Park, CA outside of LA)
· Universal Studios "Halloween Horror Nights" (Orlando, Florida and Hollywood California)
· Busch Garden Tampa "Howl-O-Scream" (Tampa, Florida and Williamsburg VA)
· Lake Compounce (Bristol Ct) "Haunted Graveyard"
Halloweekends runs Friday, Saturdays and Sundays from Sept. 14 to Oct. 28. Tickets run $44.99 for adults, but the park is currently running a special for $10 off if tickets are bought online.
Are you planning to go? Tell us your favorite Halloween attraction by chiming in via the comment box below.
Cedar Point News
Get ready for new thrills at Cedar Point come next summer. Take your first look at two rides the park has just unveiled.
Look at the picture, can you tell what's new at Cedar Point for 2014? Newsnet5.com got a hint!
An amusement park in Ohio is canceling a wedding contest after a gay couple organized a protest against the promotion.
Several passengers were injured when a ride at Cedar Point went backwards down a hill Friday night.
Marie Saenz of Milford, Michigan was the lucky 1 millionth rider on Cedar Point's newest roller coaster, GateKeeper.
A look at Cedar Point in 1984 when an incident on a ride near Chicago caused the Sandusky park to inspect the Demon Drop.
Travel Channel fans voted and Cedar Point tops the list of best amusement parks in America.
NewsChannel5 was given the opportunity to experience Cedar Point's much-anticipated 16th coaster, the $30 million GateKeeper. It sits at the front door to the roller coaster capital of the world.
New, $30 million winged rollercoaster called GateKeeper will soon be open to the public at Ohio's Cedar Point. WATCH: Browns RB Trent Richardson rides the coaster