A second teenager, who earlier admitted to making email bomb threats against Orange High School, has been sentenced for his involvement.
PEPPER PIKE, Ohio - The first day back at Orange High School after bomb threats started tense, but lightened up because of the positive mood of staff and law enforcement, according to Principal Paul Lucas.
Lucas and Superintendent Nancy Wingenbach said in a news conference Thursday afternoon that 60 percent of the students came to school, and only four teachers were out, fewer than normal.
The Pepper Pike Police Department told NewsChannel5 that there was another threat overnight regarding the high school. The threat was a forwarded email sent a little after 1 a.m., police dispatch said.
But Orange High School did reopen Thursday under tight security, with 12 officers from various departments on campus as students arrived. Five of those officers stayed through the entire school day.
Officers searched all backpacks before students entered the school.
Lucas said the same safety precautions will be in place on Friday, including police on campus, no large book bags allowed and no one allowed to go to their cars after entering the building.
Some of the threatening emails had pointed toward Friday as being "D-day." But Lucas said, "I'll be here," adding the building is safe.
School officials directed anyone with questions to visit the school Web page FAQ section .
The Orange School district has set up a call line for issues concerning the recent threat. Anyone with information is urged to call 216-831-8600 extension 2415.
A second teen has pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Orange High School bomb threats that canceled classes for several days, while charges against a third boy have been dropped.
The trial that was set to start Monday for two of the three teenagers charged with making bomb threats to Orange High School has been continued.
One of three teens charged in connection with bomb threats at Orange High School last year has been sentenced.
One of three boys charged in connection with a series of bomb threats at Orange High School pleaded guilty Monday.
A trial date has been set for two of three teens accused of emailing a series of bomb threats at Orange High School.
The three teens charged with emailing bomb threats to Orange High School have made a court appearance.
The three male students at Orange High School will appear in court in February for allegedly emailing bomb threats to the school.
Three teens have been charged following a series of bomb threats at Orange High School.
The principal at a Cuyahoga County high school where multiple bomb threats caused classes to be canceled for several days said his investigation is complete.