A second teenager, who earlier admitted to making email bomb threats against Orange High School, has been sentenced for his involvement.
PEPPER PIKE, Ohio - Three teens have been charged following a series of bomb threats at Orange High School.
Juvenile prosecutor Michael Horn said the two 16-year-olds and one 17-year-old are all male students at the school.
In November, school officials canceled class several times because of the sophisticated emails threats. Police and the FBI searched the building on multiple occasions, but found nothing. When classes finally resumed, there was a heavy police presence and students were not permitted to carry large backpacks.
According to Horn, the students were charged with 17 felony counts of inducing panic, two misdemeanor counts of telecommunications harassment and one felony count of possessing criminal tools. Horn said the boys sent emails to a site that made them untraceable, but a search a one of the teens' house produced evidence. The FBI served a search warrant at a house on West Orange Hill Circle in Pepper Pike in early December.
Horn said it is possible that the boys could be tried as adults. They could get anywhere from probation to one year in a detention facility, if convicted. Horn told NewsChannel5 that they teens just wanted to see if they could do it.
No court date has been set and there are not in a detention center at this time.
A second teen has pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Orange High School bomb threats that canceled classes for several days, while charges against a third boy have been dropped.
The trial that was set to start Monday for two of the three teenagers charged with making bomb threats to Orange High School has been continued.
One of three teens charged in connection with bomb threats at Orange High School last year has been sentenced.