CLEVELAND - A Cleveland Heights man has been indicted for allegedly robbing seven banks and attempting to rob an eighth.
Kevin Walcott, 40, was indicted on seven counts of bank robbery and one count of attempted bank robbery after allegedly stealing nearly $13,000 during the month-long string of robberies, according to the indictment.
- Oct. 26: Dollar Bank, 2200 Warrensville Center Rd, University Heights - $2,470 taken
- Nov. 1: Ohio Savings Bank, 2066 Lee Rd, Cleveland Heights - $690 stolen
- Nov. 2: PNC Bank, 10900 Lorain Rd, Cleveland - $2,194 missing
- Nov. 5: Citizens Bank, 5710 Mayfield Rd, Lyndhurst - $1,021 taken
- Nov. 8: Key Bank, 911 East 185thSt, Cleveland - $3,660 stolen
- Nov. 13: Huntington Bank, 920 East 185thSt, Cleveland - $800 missing
- Nov. 15: Huntington Bank, 20601 Fairmount Blvd, Shaker Heights - $2,069 taken
- Attempted on Nov 21: PNC Bank, 20711 Chagrin Blvd, Shaker Heights
Walcott was arrested shortly after the attempted robbery of the PNC Bank where police said they found a handwritten note on him that read, in part: "I have a Gun and a Police Radio If I SEE Police or hear the ALARM you Die First If I don't make it out you Die First Give me all your 100.00 Both Drawer's 50.00 20.00 I sEE Bait MonEY 10.00 you Die."
A court date for Walcott hasn't been set yet.