Just two days after several Strongsville schools were closed, school officials found another threat of violence.
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio - Strongsville teachers are now on strike and that will affect city schools Monday morning.
Here are details to make sure you know as kids head out the door:
- Attendance policies are in effect. Any student who is not in school and is unexcused will have an absence counted
- The district will use substitutes who have completed background checks
- Any days the teachers are on strike will count toward the yearly total and will not be made up
- The school board said has hired a security firm and unarmed guards will be on campus, several videotaping the picket lines
- Extracurricular activities, including sports, are canceled for the week
- High school classes will begin at 7:20 a.m.
- Bus drivers and cafeteria workers are not on strike
- The district is awaiting a response from the Ohio Department of Education on administration of Ohio Graduation Tests
Read more about the strike here: http://on.wews.com/YmKMn8
All preschools, elementary schools and the high school were closed Monday in Strongsville after a bomb threat.
The principal of Chapman Elementary School in Strongsville is asking the community to be on the lookout for vandals who've been targeting the school and destroying property.