Just two days after several Strongsville schools were closed, school officials found another threat of violence.
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio - The effect of the Strongsville teachers' strike could linger long after the strike is settled.
Since the teachers walked out of the classroom eight weeks ago, the Brunswick City School District has been flooded with applications for open enrollment.
"This year is about six times greater than any previous year in recent history. At this rate, the numbers could easily climb into the hundreds," said Brunswick City Schools Superintendent Michael Mayell.
So far, the district has about 50 applications. About 80 percent of those applications are from parents in the Strongsville City School District -- the other 20 percent are from parents in the Medina School District.
Meanwhile, the Strongsville Education Association has accepted the offer of a local neutral arbitrator to conduct binding interest arbitration free of charge in an attempt to settle the ongoing teachers' strike.
Both the SEA and the Board of Education were recently approached by veteran arbitrator Marvin J. Feldman who has offered his services to settle the eight week strike. While the SEA has accepted his offer, the Board has yet to respond.
All preschools, elementary schools and the high school were closed Monday in Strongsville after a bomb threat.
The principal of Chapman Elementary School in Strongsville is asking the community to be on the lookout for vandals who've been targeting the school and destroying property.
Families in Strongsville are hoping the fresh start of a new school year will remove the bitter taste from a teachers' strike that divided the community last spring.
The president of the Cleveland Teachers Union is suing the Strongsville City Schools Board of Education for information about teachers and subs who taught during the Strongsville teachers' strike.
Declining enrollment is cause for cutting teaching positions, according to Strongsville school officials.
A Strongsville High School Spanish teacher that crossed the picket line returned to work Tuesday to find many of her classroom belongings ruined.
Strongsville schools returned to normal Tuesday as teachers went back to their classrooms after the strike.
Strongsville teachers went back to school Monday afternoon after an eight-week strike that ended over the weekend.
The end to an eight-week-long teachers' strike in Strongsville brought about mixed emotions in the suburban-Cleveland community.