Second teen suspect in Orange High School bomb threat pleads guilty, charges dropped against third

CLEVELAND - Another teenager accused of making bomb threats against Orange High School has admitted to his involvement.

One of the three teen boys pleaded guilty to multiple counts of inducing panic, which is a second-degree felony. Juvenile court officials said the trial for the 16-year-old was slated to begin Wednesday afternoon.

The teens were arrested in January after a series of threats closed Orange High School in November. The FBI called the email threats "sophisticated" and said they referred to a colorless explosive called PETN, which has often been tied to terrorist attacks.

The teens were accused of sending the emails to a website that made them untraceable, but authorities found evidence during a search of one of their homes at the end of last year.

Charges were dismissed against one of the juveniles. The Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's office said there was enough to charge him, but there was not enough evidence to meet the state's burden of proof.

In August, the third teen pleaded guilty to inducing panic and possession of criminal tools, in exchange for testifying against the other two. The 17-year-old was sentenced to probation and 150 hours of community service.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments

Related Stories

Second teen suspect in Orange High School email bomb threats sentenced Second teen suspect in Orange High School email bomb threats sentenced

A second teenager, who earlier admitted to making email bomb threats against Orange High School, has been sentenced for his involvement.

Second teen suspect in Orange High School bomb threat pleads guilty, charges dropped against third Second teen suspect in Orange High School bomb threat pleads guilty, charges dropped against third

A second teen has pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Orange High School bomb threats that canceled classes for several days, while charges against a third boy have been dropped.

Trial for teens accused of making Orange High School bomb threats continued Trial for teens accused of making Orange High School bomb threats continued

The trial that was set to start Monday for two of the three teenagers charged with making bomb threats to Orange High School has been continued.