Orange High School will resume classes Thursday after email bomb threat forced closure for days

Students not allowed to bring book bags

PEPPER PIKE, Ohio - Officials at Orange High School said the building will be open for classes on Thursday, but students will see some changes.

In a letter that went out to students and parents, officials said student and faculty safety is the top priority, but after searching the building numerous times and finding nothing, they feel it's safe to reopen the doors for class.

School officials will continue to work with Pepper Pike Police and the FBI to assess the emailed bomb threat.

The letter to parents said "the perpetrator has played on emotion and fear to manipulate us. In consultation with law enforcement officials, we believe that we have followed the appropriate and necessary procedures to ensure the high school and other campus facilities are safe. Based on the patterns this week, we may receive further threats and we will carefully review them. However, we do not anticipate the need to further close the building or delay instruction."

As a safety precaution, students won't be allowed to bring book bags, back packs or large bags in the high school or on the bus. Small purses and bags may be searched. Whether students arrive by bus or car, they will be directed by school staff to come into the building via a designated entrance. Students won't be allowed to go back to their cars once they enter Orange High School.

Authorities and school officials said when they find the person(s) behind the threat, they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments

Related Stories

Second teen suspect in Orange High School email bomb threats sentenced Second teen suspect in Orange High School email bomb threats sentenced

A second teenager, who earlier admitted to making email bomb threats against Orange High School, has been sentenced for his involvement.

Second teen suspect in Orange High School bomb threat pleads guilty, charges dropped against third Second teen suspect in Orange High School bomb threat pleads guilty, charges dropped against third

A second teen has pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Orange High School bomb threats that canceled classes for several days, while charges against a third boy have been dropped.

Trial for teens accused of making Orange High School bomb threats continued Trial for teens accused of making Orange High School bomb threats continued

The trial that was set to start Monday for two of the three teenagers charged with making bomb threats to Orange High School has been continued.

Teen sentenced following series of bomb threats at Orange High School last fall Teen sentenced following series of bomb threats at Orange High School last fall

One of three teens charged in connection with bomb threats at Orange High School last year has been sentenced.

One of three teens charged in Orange High School bomb threats pleads guilty One of three teens charged in Orange High School bomb threats pleads guilty

One of three boys charged in connection with a series of bomb threats at Orange High School pleaded guilty Monday.

Trial date set for 2 of 3 teens accused of emailing bomb threats to Orange High School Trial date set for 2 of 3 teens accused of emailing bomb threats to Orange High School

A trial date has been set for two of three teens accused of emailing a series of bomb threats at Orange High School.

Teens charged with sending Orange High School email bomb threats deny allegations in court Teens charged with sending Orange High School email bomb threats deny allegations in court

The three teens charged with emailing bomb threats to Orange High School have made a court appearance.

Court date set for three teens accused of emailing bomb threats to Orange High School Court date set for three teens accused of emailing bomb threats to Orange High School

The three male students at Orange High School will appear in court in February for allegedly emailing bomb threats to the school.

Three students charged in Orange High School bomb threats Three students charged in Orange High School bomb threats

Three teens have been charged following a series of bomb threats at Orange High School.

Orange High principal completes bomb threat investigation, says students will be disciplined Orange High principal completes bomb threat investigation, says students will be disciplined

The principal at a Cuyahoga County high school where multiple bomb threats caused classes to be canceled for several days said his investigation is complete.