Orange High principal completes bomb threat investigation, says students will be disciplined

PEPPER PIKE, Ohio - The principal at a Cuyahoga County high school where multiple bomb threats caused classes to be canceled for several days said his investigation is complete.

In a letter to the community dated Dec. 15, Orange High School Principal Paul Lucas said his investigation into the threats has concluded and the students determined to be involved "will be disciplined appropriately. "

Lucas said his investigation was separate from the one conducted by law enforcement, and police are still working on the case. No other details, including how many students were involved, were released.

The threats started in early November and caused the school to close for a total of three days.

"The person or persons responsible for these threatening communications are using a sophisticated method of masking their emails which makes it difficult to track and identify their origin," the FBI said in a statement following a series of threats.

But the FBI determined these threats were not credible, and school was allowed to resume with increased security.

Then on Dec. 6, the school said it was notified of a search warrant the FBI was executing in Pepper Pike. No details of that ordeal have been released, and there's no word yet if anyone was arrested.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments

Related Stories

Second teen suspect in Orange High School email bomb threats sentenced Second teen suspect in Orange High School email bomb threats sentenced

A second teenager, who earlier admitted to making email bomb threats against Orange High School, has been sentenced for his involvement.

Second teen suspect in Orange High School bomb threat pleads guilty, charges dropped against third Second teen suspect in Orange High School bomb threat pleads guilty, charges dropped against third

A second teen has pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Orange High School bomb threats that canceled classes for several days, while charges against a third boy have been dropped.

Trial for teens accused of making Orange High School bomb threats continued Trial for teens accused of making Orange High School bomb threats continued

The trial that was set to start Monday for two of the three teenagers charged with making bomb threats to Orange High School has been continued.

Teen sentenced following series of bomb threats at Orange High School last fall Teen sentenced following series of bomb threats at Orange High School last fall

One of three teens charged in connection with bomb threats at Orange High School last year has been sentenced.