NORTH ROYALTON, Ohio - A family of five escaped from a house fire on Albion Road in North Royalton Wednesday evening.
Police said the fire, which is between York and Ridge roads, was under control just after 7 p.m. Wednesday. The family was grilling in the backyard when the vinyl siding caught on fire.
"Seemed to be an issue with the gas grill causing a fire on the back side of the house. It spread rapidly up the side of the house. It actually got into the soffit area into the attic," said North Royalton Fire Chief Robert Chegan said.
The residents will be stay with relatives Wednesday night.