About 350 homeless Superstorm Sandy evacuees who have been sleeping in New York City-funded hotel rooms for nearly a year may be forced to check out for good.
BAY VILLAGE, Ohio - Monday night, Bay Village residents are welcome to attend an open meeting at Bay Village City Hall at 7 p.m.
During the meeting, a special task force appointed by the mayor will make recommendations to improve emergency response within the city.
According to the Bay Village website, the task force was created last fall "after Superstorm Sandy created communication challenges within the city."
The group plans to make the following recommendations, which don't need to be approved by the council:
- Focus on tactics that target vulnerable and at-risk populations, particularly the elderly and sick
- Make better use of existing programs, processes and resources.
- Use tactics that can be used in any type of emergency.
- Directly assign responsibility.
- Update and test the communications plan on a regular basis.
Check back to newsnet5.com for updates to this story.