GENEVA, Ohio - The Geneva Fire Department responded to Memorial Field for a fire in the bleachers Wednesday night.
According to Chief Doug Starkey, the fire department received a call for smoke and fire showing from grandstands at Memorial Field just after 5 p.m.
When the fire department arrived on scene, there was fire and heavy smoke coming from one end of the bleachers, said Starkey. The fire was contained and under control in about 40 minutes, according to the chief.
Crews have not determined the fire's cause.
The estimated damage to the bleachers is $75,000, with an additional $100,000 in damages to the contents of the storage units under the bleachers, Starkey said.
Stay with NewsChannel5 and newsnet5.com for the latest details on this developing story.