A second teenager, who earlier admitted to making email bomb threats against Orange High School, has been sentenced for his involvement.
PEPPER PIKE, Ohio - Orange High School was open Thursday morning for the first time this week, following a series of bomb threats.
Classes were canceled for three consecutive days because of the ongoing investigation into emailed bomb threats.
Early Thursday morning, the Pepper Pike Police Department told NewsChannel5 that they did receive another threat overnight regarding the high school. The threat was a forwarded email sent a little after 1 a.m., police dispatch said.
A statement on the school's website earlier this week said school officials and police searched the building multiple times, but nothing was found. The Pepper Pike Police Department and the FBI are also involved in the investigation. Thursday morning, police officers searched backpacks as students arrived.
"The emails reportedly refer to the explosive PETN, which is a colorless organic compound, related to nitroglycerin and known for its shattering force and efficiency. It has been in the news in the last few years, tied to multiple recent terrorist incidents," a statement from the school said.
A letter was sent to parents and students on Wednesday that said "the perpetrator has played on emotion and fear to manipulate us. In consultation with law enforcement officials, we believe that we have followed the appropriate and necessary procedures to ensure the high school and other campus facilities are safe."
Orange Schools set up a call line for issues concerning the recent threat. Anyone with questions or information is urged to call 216-831-8600 extension 2415.
A second teen has pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Orange High School bomb threats that canceled classes for several days, while charges against a third boy have been dropped.
The trial that was set to start Monday for two of the three teenagers charged with making bomb threats to Orange High School has been continued.
One of three teens charged in connection with bomb threats at Orange High School last year has been sentenced.