A second teenager, who earlier admitted to making email bomb threats against Orange High School, has been sentenced for his involvement.
PEPPER PIKE, Ohio - Wednesday classes are being canceled at Orange High School after bomb threats continue for the third day in a row.
Orange schools communication director Lou DeVincentis reported classes will be canceled for a third day Wednesday because of an ongoing investigation into emailed bomb threats.
Here is the statement posted on school's website:
"The decision has been made to cancel classes and activities at Orange High School for Wednesday, November 9th. Thank you again for you patience and understanding."
School administrators and the school resource officer worked jointly with the Pepper Pike police and area canine officers with bomb-sniffing dogs to sweep the high school Sunday evening, when the bomb threat was first made.
School officials and police searched the building a second and third time on Monday, but did not find anything suspicious. They decided to cancel classes Tuesday and again Wednesday.
The FBI has been called in to work with Pepper Pike police in the investigation. School officials said it is possible the person sending the threats is local, but using different proxy servers to hide his/her identity.
The threats have been emailed to school district officials and a number of teachers via their school email accounts.
The emails reportedly refer to the explosive PETN, which is a colorless organic compound, related to nitroglycerin and known for its shattering force and efficiency. It has been in the news in the last few years, tied to multiple recent terrorist incidents.
School officials said the use of proxy servers adds an investigative challenge because it takes time for police to contact multiple server companies and request a hold on all messages related to the threats.
The Orange school district posted the letter to parents and students on the district website and Facebook, below is a portion of that letter.
Letter posted on website:
"The safety and security of our students is a priority. The recent bomb threat, a serious situation, is now affecting the High School students' schedule and education. We are working with the Pepper Pike Police and the FBI so we can get back to the business of educating our students in a safe and productive learning environment. We know you are all concerned and we are confident that an arrest will be made in this situation. The person or persons involved will be punished to the full extent of the law, and they will have to bear the full cost of this investigation."
Keep checking newsnet5.com for the latest on this investigation.
A second teen has pleaded guilty to his involvement in the Orange High School bomb threats that canceled classes for several days, while charges against a third boy have been dropped.
The trial that was set to start Monday for two of the three teenagers charged with making bomb threats to Orange High School has been continued.
One of three teens charged in connection with bomb threats at Orange High School last year has been sentenced.