CLEVELAND - A man suspected of robbing four local banks is now in custody. According to the F.B.I., a tip led officers to the suspect, Cetric Sumpter.
Sumpter was arrested at the Express Inn in Warrensville Heights Saturday morning, around 10 a.m. The F.B.I. has linked the 28-year-old to multiple bank robberies in the Cleveland and surrounding area since Oct. 26
Here is a list of the bank robberies.
- Oct. 26: Dollar Bank, Wilson Mills Road, Richmond Heights
- Oct. 30: PNC Bank, Warrensville Center Road, University
- Nov. 19: Ohio Savings Bank, Cedar Road, South Euclid
- Nov. 26: Dollar Bank, Brecksville Road, Independence
- Dec. 13: US Bank, Lee Road, Cleveland Heights
According to authorities, Sumpter cooperated with the arresting officers.
The F.B.I. says surveillance pictures shown by local television stations and websites assisted in authorities getting the tip.