Attorney: Suit dismissed over alleged fight with Matthew Fox in Cleveland's Flats

CLEVELAND - The lawsuit against actor Matthew Fox over an alleged fight in The Flats last year has been dropped.

On Aug. 27, the former star of "Lost" tried to catch a ride on a private party bus driven by 29-year-old Heather Bormann, according to a police report. When Bormann wouldn't let him on the bus, Fox punched her in the stomach and breast, the police report said.

When the city prosecutor decided not to charge Fox, Bormann filed a civil suit, seeking $75,000 in damages. Fox turned around a slapped the bus driver with a countersuit, saying she attacked him.

Now, Bormann's attorney said the lawsuit was dismissed about a month ago. J. Norman Stark said he told his client that it would take time and money to fight the countersuit, and then he couldn't get a hold of her. After the court gave Bormann 30 days to answer the suit, she appeared in court.

Bormann told the defense she could not afford to fight Fox's suit and agreed to dismiss her case if he would dismiss his, Stark said. He also said that the actor did not pay Bormann any money.

Just days after the alleged incident, which police said involved alcohol, Bormann spoke with NewsChannel5.

"He was hitting me in the breast... I have bruises that I can't show that would be considered inappropriate, but I am bruised up underneath in areas I can't show," she said on Aug. 29. Bormann said she punched Fox back in self-defense, cutting his lip and injuring her hand.

Fox had been at Christie's Cabaret -- a strip club -- on Main Avenue prior to the incident, sources inside the club told NewsChannel5. He spoke with police for a short time, but was not arrested. Fox was turned over to a friend at the scene and taken by taxi to his hotel.

Fox was in Cleveland last summer to shoot the Tyler Perry movie "I, Alex Cross."

Print this article Back to Top

Comments