Private eye narrows list to 2 suspects in Taylor Robinson's death a year after she vanished in Akron

May 3 marks anniversary of woman's disappearance

AKRON, Ohio - The Akron-based private investigator looking into the death of 19-year-old Taylor Robinson says he has narrowed down the list of possible suspects to two men.

Tim Dimoff, working at no cost to the Robinson family, would not identify the suspects but said one of them showed deception while taking a polygraph test administered by Akron police and the other man has refused to take a lie detector test altogether.

"Both of them have attorneys. Both of them do not want to talk. We started with over six suspects and we've narrowed it down to two," Dimoff said.

He also said both men had "engaging conversations" with Robinson in person and by phone days and nights before the incident happened.

Akron Police Sgt. Brian Harding confirmed Dimoff's information.

"One suspect was uncooperative from the beginning. The other got an attorney and stopped being cooperative," Harding said.

The private eye said he gave a polygraph test to another man who passed.

No one has been charged in the case and Akron police are also not naming the suspects.

Robinson's skeletal remains were discovered in a wooded area of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park last September, more than four months after she vanished from her job as a home health-care aide in Akron on either May 3 or 4.

Nearly one year after the high-profile disappearance, the Summit County Medical examiner has not ruled on a manner or cause of death. However, detectives continue to investigate the case as a homicide.

The remains were sent to Dr. Dennis Dirkmatt at the Mercyhurst Archaeological Institute at Mercyhurst College for further analysis.

The forensic anthropologist said bones were analyzed to look for signs of trauma, but he would not reveal his findings.

"We've analyzed the remains and sent the report to the medical examiner's office. I can't give you any details on this particular analysis," Dr. Dirkmaat said.

Sgt. Harding said nothing substantial came from Dr. Dirkmaat's report.

Robinson's mother, Carmilla Robinson, anguished over her daughter's disappearance for months, conducting multiple interviews with NewsChannel5 and begging for clues.

On her front porch on Friday, she continued to plead for help from the public almost a full year since she reported her daughter missing.

"How would you feel sitting here a year later, knowing that somebody knows something... I'm just ready to know who did it," Carmilla Robinson said.

She has only returned to Taylor's bedroom a few times since she vanished. Everything is still the way Taylor left it, including her stuffed animals, her prom dress and her autographed team volleyball.

With her eyes welling up with tears, Carmilla talked about how difficult it is to sit on her daughter's bed.

"She's supposed to be here fumbling with this stuff and spraying her perfume."

Taylor Robinson was dropped off May 3 by her mother at a home on Kipling Street, where she worked the overnight shift caring for a severely handicapped woman.

When Carmilla Robinson returned the next morning to pick her daughter up, she was nowhere to be found. Her coat and shoes were found inside the home, but her cellphone was missing.

Dimoff is convinced more than one person was involved in moving Robinson's body to the park off Riverview Road, about a mile south of Route 303.

He created a profile of the possible killer and has repeatedly said the suspect was close to Taylor, knew her routine and her phone number.

"We're hoping someone will come forward with some fresh evidence or direction," he said.

Anyone with information is urged to call Summit County Crimestoppers at 330-434-COPS. Tipsters can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward up to $2,000.

Print this article Back to Top