AKRON, Ohio - Free tax filing services are available in Akron to qualifying area residents through the Ohio Benefit Bank tax clinics.
Most households with an adjusted gross income of less than $60,000 per year can use the Ohio Benefit Bank to file their taxes.
You must make an appointment to take advantage of the services at the Akron-Summit County Main Public Library:
- Sat., March 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wed., March 6 from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sat., April 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Eligible tax filers must bring:
- Photo proof of identification
- Social Security numbers for client and all dependents
- Income forms, such as W2s, 1099s, 1098s
- Information about other income (ex: interest income)
- Deduction and credit information (ex: child care expenses, tuition bills, union dues)
- A copy of last year's tax return
Taxes are prepared by Ohio Benefit Bank counselors. To schedule your appointment at the library, call please call Laura Vanzo at 330-572-3101.
If these dates and times do not fit your schedule, you may also find an Ohio Benefit Bank site providing tax services located near you by calling 1-800-648-1176 or using the site locator on our website at www.ohiobenefits.org. Eligible individuals may also use this website to prepare their taxes themselves for free.