Police responded to this home Popham Street after getting a report of an sick child on Tuesday night.
AKRON, Ohio - For the second time in a week, Akron Police are investigating a case of a young child overdosing.
RELATED: 2-year-old boy overdoses on opiate in Akron
At around 9:30 p.m. on March 14, police responded to a home in the 2900 block of Popham Street after getting a report of a sick child.
Paramedics determined a six-year-old girl had overdosed on an opiate. She was given Narcan, and taken to Akron Children's Hospital.
Her condition is not life-threatening, and the girl has been placed in the care of Summit County Children Services.
Last week, a two-year-old Akron boy was rushed to the hospital after he overdosed on an opiate. Charges are pending in both cases.
According to the police report, the child's father said he was playing a video game, not supervising his son. He admitted to police that he's a drug user.
"It appears at this point it was ingested," said Akron Police Lieutenant Rick Edwards. "Some drugs laying around, the child got into it. Touched it. And put drugs in his mouth."
The little boy was placed in the care of Summit County children's services.