WARREN, Ohio - The Ohio Attorney General's office said eight massage parlors in Trumbull County were searched Wednesday morning, suspected of illegal sexual activity and human trafficking.
Mike DeWine said in a news release the allegations also include potential money laundering and that community groups tipped off his office of the activity, asking for help.
More than 60 agents with the Ohio's Bureau of Criminal Investigation, along with Warren police officers, served search warrants at these locations:
1. Fantasy Spa, 1523 Youngstown Road SE, Warren
2. Fuji Spa, 1446 Parkman Road NW, Warren
3. Gemini Health Spa, 2414 Youngstown Road SE, Warren
4. Hong Kong Spa, 2019 W. Market Street SW, Warren
5. Hot Sun Spa, 2819 W. Market Street NW, Warren
6. Moon Night Spa, 3875 Youngstown Road SE, Warren
7. Ocean Spa, 2000 North Road SE, Warren
8. Tokyo Health Spa, 2970 Parkman Road NW, Warren
It's not yet clear how many arrests, if any, were made. Late Wednesday morning it was believed agents still were questioning people at the locations that were searched.
DeWine said the investigation is not over.
"We now ask for the public's help with information that could aid us in this extensive investigation," he said in the release.
Anyone with information about the above locations is asked to call BCI at 1-855-BCI-OHIO.
Earlier this year, Warren City Council voted on legislation to regulate the area's massage parlors. The vote came after a push from the community, and after months of investigation by ONN's Cristin Severance.