NEW YORK - An Elyria High School teacher was named Friday as a semi-finalist in the 2014 "LIVE's Top Teacher Search."
Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan named the twelve finalists Friday morning on "LIVE with Kelly and Michael."
Stacie Starr, an Intervention Specialist, from Elyria High School was chosen by "LIVE's" producers as one of the twelve semi-finalist after receiving thousands of nominations.
The viewers will determine the five finalists from the pool of semi-finalist. Voting started at 10 a.m. Friday, April 25 and will be open until 5 p.m. April 28.
The top five finalist will be announced on "LIVE" Tuesday, April 29.
To vote for Starr, click HERE to go to the polls on "LIVE with Kelly and Michael"'s website.
The "Top Teacher Search" is a search to honor teachers from across the country for making their schools better, and for their service and commitment to their students and communities.
Here is the complete list of the twelve semi-finalist:
- Kim Aneweer, 3rd Grade Teacher, Spirit Lake Elementary School, Spirit Lake, Iowa
- Michael Cappello, Adaptive Physical Education, Dartmouth Public School, Dartmouth, Mass.
- Lynnette Carr-Hicks, Choir Master, Uniondale High School, Uniondale, N.Y.
- Athena Davis, English/AP English, Holocaust Literature, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, Tenn.
- Ellen Eisele, First Grade, Barth Elementary School, Pottstown, Pa.
- Cindy Hamblen, Special Ed/ERC Teacher, George Whitten Elementary School, Hendersonville, Tenn.
- Joni Jameson, Language Arts/Social Studies, Archer High School, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Danielle Kephart, 5th Grade Science, The Divine Redeemer School, Ford City, Pa.
- John Motchkavitz, Business Technology Dept. Head, Wm. A. Shine Great Neck South High,
- Great Neck, N.Y.
- Stacie Starr, Intervention Specialist, Elyria High School, Elyria, Ohio
- Nebojsa Stojkovic, Math Teacher, Walled Lake Central High School, Walled Lake, Mich.
- Wendy Tickel, Special Needs Teacher, Belmont Elementary School, Roanoke Rapids, N.C.