SANDUSKY, Ohio - Cedar Point, dubbed the "Best Amusement Park in the World," opens the 2014 season with new rides, shows, food locations and attractions.
- The Pipe Scream spins riders along 302 feet of track, reaching a maximum height of 43 feet at speeds up to 40 mph.
- The Lake Erie Eagles ride suspends riders from its arms 28 feet above ground. While the ride cycles the carriages the riders sit in swing outward, simulating flight. Paddles on the carriages allow riders to change up the experience.
- FOR KIDS: Camp Snoopy will celebrate 15 years at Cedar Point with two relocated rides - Woodstock's Airmail (formerly Frog Hopper) and Wilderness Run (formerly Jr. Gemini).
- Chickie's and Pete's will feature crabfries, philly cheese steaks and Lisa's Blonde Lobster Pie.
- A new Starbucks will keep the parents awake and energized while the kids play. The coffee shop will also have fresh baked goods.
- Other new options: Auntie Anne's, Cinnabon, Coca-Cola Freestyle, and Yogurt Plus.
- 52 new deluxe cabins have been added to Lighthouse Point. The cabins fit up to 10 people and have a surplus of amenities. Reservations will be taken starting May 23.
- Luminosity: Ignite the Night will have an all-new lineup of music, dancing, and pyrotechnics.
- Other new shows: Rockin' Country, Lusty Lil's Revue, and Snoopy Unleashed.
- According to Cedar Point, a new SlingShot ride will be opened later this summer. The ride launches riders in a two-person capsule nearly 360 feet into the sky at up to 62 mph.
Also, guests who visit the amusement park this weekend will receive a complimentary Cedar Point VIP jacket at the main entrance upon exit (while supplies last).