ORRVILLE, Ohio - A local company is voluntarily recalling its peanut butter ice cream because of the recent salmonella contamination scare.
Orrville-based Smith Dairy has recalled Smith's peanut butter crunch ice cream, Acme peanut butter twist ice cream and Ruggles peanut butter crunch.
The Food and Drug Administration is investigating salmonella contamination by Sunland, Inc., which supplies peanut butter products used in ice cream. No illnesses linked to Smith products have been reported, the company said on Wednesday.
The products being recalled are the following:
- SMITH'S Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream (1.75 Qt), UPC-70424 08139, Lots 060-10 through 155-12.
- SMITH'S Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream (Half Gal), UPC-70424 08139, Lots 060-10 through 155-12.
- Acme Peanut Butter Twist Ice Cream (Half Gal), UPC-29313 46110, Lots 03/01/10 through 06/03/12.
- Ruggles Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream (3 Gal), UPC-70424 08607, Lots 060-10 through 155-12.
- Ruggles Peanut Butter Brownie Crunch (3 Gal), UPC 70424 08639, Lots 060-10 through 155-12.
The products were distributed in Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia and Michigan. The ice cream should be returned to where they were purchased. Anyone with questions should call 1-800-77607076.