CLEVELAND - The Giant Eagle grocery store chain just revealed a top secret mission to northeast Ohio consumers. It's locking up low prices.
More than 300 food items will be priced to remain the same now through Jan. 2, 2013.
The low price lock items include a combination of brands such as Heinz, Jif and Pillsbury alongside Giant Eagle products.
Meat, produce deli, dairy and bakery goods are also included in the lockdown. You'll be able to also save on popular health and beauty items.
"We hope this will help families better manage their grocery budget by locking up prices through the holidays," said Giant Eagle Senior Vice President of Marketing Lisa Henriksen. "Even if the costs increase on these items increase, prices on the items will not change," added Henriksen.
Examples of the low prices include:
· Whole Fryer Chicken (Fresh), $.97 per pound
· Boneless Chicken Breast value pack (Fresh), $1.99 per pound
· Giant Eagle Cooked Ham (Deli), $3.99 per pound
· Giant Eagle White Bread, 20 ounce bag. $.99
· Jif Peanut Butter (Creamy), 28 oz jar, #3.88
· Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing, 14 ounce-bag, $2.50
· Heinz Gravy, $1.00
· Idaho Potatoes, 5-pound bag, $2.50
· Giant Eagle Frozen Vegetables, $.99
"Weekly circulars advertising in-store specials along with fuelperks, foodperks and double coupon campaigns will also help consumers save money," said Henriksen.