It's so easy to get caught up in the daily grind of life that you find your joy slowly slipping away as family time gets scarce, stress takes over, we obsess about work and selfishly cling to our possessions in a futile attempt to be happy.
From the sounds of it, no one understands that better than Pope Francis.
That's right. The Pope gets you, and in a recent interview, he laid out his 10 tips to happiness.
A couple may take you by surprise, so for a deeper look into the meaning of each of these tips, check out author Jay Parini's meditation on CNN.com.
If you hoard material possessions, they will rob you of your soul.— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) August 5, 2014
(And if you're worried that the Pope's advice about being easy-going will make you less likely to succeed, take heart. Science suggests happier people are more likely to be successful. So go be happy!)
10 Keys to a Happier Life:
1. "Live and let live… Move forward and let others do the same."
2. "Be giving of yourself to others."
3. “…the ability to move with kindness and humility, a calmness in life."
4. "A healthy sense of leisure."
5. "Sunday is for family."
6. “We need to be creative with young people.”
7. "I think a question that we're not asking ourselves is: 'Isn't humanity committing suicide with this indiscriminate and tyrannical use of nature?'"
8. "Letting go of negative things quickly is healthy."
9. “…the worst thing of all is religious proselytism…”
10. “…the call for peace must be shouted.”
25 cities that have become more single over time
There are some places where the population has actually become more single over time.
Cleveland's Great American Rib Cook-Off canceled
Cleveland's annual Great American Rib Cook-Off and Music Festival usually held downtown has been canceled for 2016, according to Live Nation.
Adopt a pet from CLE APL for Valentine's Day
Want to spread the love this Valentine's Day? The Cleveland Animal Protective League will have reduced adoption fees for cats and select dogs…
Starbucks' 3 new Valentine's Day drinks
Just in time for Valentine's Day, Starbucks is launching three new drinks that will only be available for a limited time.