CLEVELAND - Several area eateries are trying to take the misery out of Tax Day and spice it up by serving relief with free and discounted food, while some retailers offer up discounts.
Arby's is offering one person $5,000 in tax relief and everyone else free curly fries. It's the restaurant chain's way of rewarding consumers across the nation for paying their taxes and surviving another tax season.
You can enter to win $5,000 and get a coupon for the free value size curly fry on April 17 only by visiting Arby's Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/Arbys Free value curly fries will be given out while supplies last.
Other area eateries offering some Tax Day deals:
- Auntie Anne's : buy one signature pretzel, get a second signature pretzel free
- Bruegger's : Bagel Bundle for $10.40 (a savings of up to $5, depending on location)
- Boston Market : free second individual meal
- Chili's : free appetizer or dessert with entree
- Cinnabon: two free bites on Tax Day between 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Maggie Moo's : free scoop of yogurt between 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- McDonald's: buy one Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with cheese, get another for 25 cents
- Panda Express: free single serving of Shanghai Angus Steak
- P.F. Chang's: 15 percent discount on all dine-in and take out orders
- Seattle's Best Coffee : Great American Coffee Refund, free sample
- Sonic: half-price drinks and slushies
- White Castle: buy one get one chicken breast sandwich
Non-food Tax Day discounts:
Some freebies and discounts require coupons, click the links or go to TaxDayFreebies.com. Not all locations may be participating in the Tax Day deals.