CLEVELAND - It's that time of year when the Turkey takes center stage. And if you're still searching for the perfect gravy accompaniment , Let's Dish's Chris Koetke has one for you.
Recipe for Roast Turkey with Apple Cider Gravy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 ½ to 2 hours
1 turkey breast (about 7 lbs.)
1 t teaspoon black pepper
1 t teaspoon rubbed sage
4 c. apple cider
¼ cup real maple syrup
1 bay leaf
1 medium onion, diced
2 Tablespoons melted butter
½ cup flour mixed with ¾ cup cold water
2 Tablespoon strong Dijon mustard
1. Season outside of turkey breast with salt, pepper, and sage. Place in small roasting pan in a rack.
2. Pour apple cider and maple syrup along with bay leaf and onion around the turkey. Cover the roasting pan.
3. Place in a 350° F oven basting with juices every 20 minutes. Start testing after 1 ½ hours using an instant read thermometer.
4. Once the turkey has reached an internal temperature of 130° F, remove lid and increase the oven temperature to 400° F. Baste with butter every 10 minutes. The turkey is finished when it has an internal temperature of 165F at its center.
5. Remove turkey breast to a warm platter, cover with aluminum foil and keep in warm place.
6. Pour the liquid from the roasting pan into a small saucepan. Skim off the fat from the top. Bring the liquid to a boil. Whisk in flour/water mixture. Bring back to a boil. Taste for seasoning. Serve with turkey slices.
You can find more recipes like this on the Live Well network .